POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My version of the reflecting sphere on checkered plane : My version of the reflecting sphere on checkered plane Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  My version of the reflecting sphere on checkered plane
From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 2 Mar 2000 04:15:32
Message: <38be3132@news.povray.org>
The classic got new clothes.
  I thought that since we have got lots of new cool features, why not try
them on the classic image? The image uses the following features:

  - Blinn highlights
  - Variable reflection
  - Blurred reflection
  - Photon mapping (unfortunately almost invisible)
  - Radiosity (gives the overall orange tint to the image)
  - Soft-glow

    Total Time:    2 hours 43 minutes  12.0 seconds (9792 seconds)

  Perhaps it could be used as example scene in pov 3.5?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Sphere.jpg' (61 KB)

Preview of image 'Sphere.jpg'